This position reports to the Director of International Admission and is accountable to support the recruitment and admission of full-time undergraduate international students. This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Title and salary commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Effectively supporting the recruitment of qualified international and domestic freshman students from assigned recruitment territories within annually established University goals and identified characteristics.
- Managing assigned territory through all aspects of recruiting. This includes travel, analysis and cultivating new and strengthening existing relationships with the guidance community.
- Projecting a professional image of the University and developing a thorough knowledge of the admission process.
- Interviewing prospective students and effectively conducting pre-admission counseling to ensure a thorough understanding and acceptance of Bryant University and its programs.
- Representing Bryant University at high schools, college fairs, college nights and on- and off-campus events as needed, and participating in the formulation of events when appropriate.
- Completing, reviewing and evaluating international application materials in a thorough and timely manner, recommending admission and eligibility for academic scholarship in keeping with established guidelines.
- Developing relationships with prospective students and families by guiding them through the Bryant admission process.
- Supporting the implementation of the University’s overall recruitment and international strategies.
- Performing other related responsibilities as assigned.
This position is best filled by an individual with a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of two years experience in international admission or an international programs office. Prior experience in the field of admission is strongly preferred. Candidates should demonstrate sensitivity to and an understanding of the needs and concerns of a diverse international population and be respectful of different cultures. Required qualifications also include a desire to build a rapport with prospective and current international student populations at Bryant University. This position requires excellent time management and organizational skills, as well as strong written and oral communication skills. Proficiency in at least one other language is desired. Experience in the interpretation of high school academic credentials, a general understanding of international recruitment and education systems and standardized testing results is preferred. Experience with computer-based management of admission data is also important. A valid driver’s license and passport is required. This position has non-standard hours. Extensive international travel is required. Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.
Regular attendance at assigned job site and the ability to work collaboratively with co-workers and constituents are essential functions of this position.
Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.