Reports to: Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees of Richmont Graduate University is in search for a dynamic, visionary executive leader and administrator to serve as President. The President serves as Chief Executive Officer of Richmont’s campuses in Atlanta, GA & Chattanooga, TN. The President ensures academic curriculum and community service offerings remain congruent with Richmont’s mission to "provide a Christ-centered education and research that advances God’s work of healing, restoration, and transformation in the lives of individuals, churches, and communities."
Richmont Graduate University is a Christ-centered education and research institution committed to equipping graduates who function at the highest professional levels of clinical counseling and vocational ministry. The University offers fully accredited graduate degree programs from its School of Counseling and School of Ministry with the M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling holding the highest accreditation available in its field (CACREP). With campuses in Atlanta, Chattanooga, and online, Richmont is known for its distinguished faculty and unparalleled in-field training, including serving some 25,000 clients annually through nine community counseling centers near its campuses. Richmont is the oldest faith-integrated counseling program in the eastern U.S., and its graduates consistently rank among the top 15% nationwide in licensing test scores. The University enjoys a rich heritage beginning in 1935, with roots in the former Psychological Studies Institute in Atlanta and the former Chattanooga Bible Institute.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Developing and implementing a strategic vision that ensures implementation of the University’s mission.
2. Ensure that university finances are managed and revenue streams are developed and grown to support the achievement of the strategic vision of the University. Implement annual budget.
3. Promote and cultivate private and corporate financial support for the University, assure effective communication of the University’s vision to internal and external constituencies, and develop strategic partnerships that further the University’s goals and objectives.
4. Encourage a culture of openness, teamwork, transparency, and empowerment throughout the University.
5. Assure effective partnership and communication with members of the Board of Trustees by consulting board committees and individuals during the development or clarification of current policy or strategic direction, ensuring open and thoughtful consideration of all views during board deliberations, clearly communicating senior leadership’s position on issues at hand, responding to board inquires, and carrying out board initiatives, policies, or programs through development and implementation of Operating Policies.
6. Maintain academic programs in accordance with accreditation standards and assures that the University operates in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
7. admission standards, preside at commencement and other University-sponsored public functions, confer degrees authorized by the Board, recommend conferring of honorary degrees, authorize others to exercise authority as President during his/her absence, and to delegate authority to other employees.
8. Supervise senior administrators and academic deans and conduct annual performance reviews at which time salary increases will be reviewed.
9. Serve as primary media contact by speaking for the University with respect to its policies, priorities, and official statements.
Education: An earned terminal degree is preferred; however, deference is made to Board of Trustee wisdom.
1. Experience leading and managing a large, complex organization in a challenging financial environment is required; successful leadership experience in higher education administration is preferred.
2. Experience developing relationships in a variety of key areas, thereby enhancing the organization’s presence and reputation is required.
3. Proven ability and the desire to reach and personally influence alumni, donors, and friends of the University using a wide variety of tools, while working with the local business community to enhance both the city and the University is preferred.
4. A demonstrated commitment to promoting a diverse environment is required.
5. A leadership philosophy that champions the value of teamwork and empowers others to lead is required.
6. Demonstrated commitment to sustainability in a college or university environment
1. A commitment to academic quality and shared governance is required.
2. A commitment to credibly lead a strong academic community while providing students an outstanding education at a fair cost. An understanding of higher education finance and demographic trends affecting higher education is required.
3. The ability to identify institutional strengths, weaknesses, challenges, and opportunities and to develop a vision to lead the University forward is required.
4. Exceptional communication skills and the ability to work with the university’s students, faculty, and staff
5. Strong work ethic and the ability to complete multiple priorities.
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter and most recent salary history to the search Richmont Graduate University Presidential Search committee at email@example.com. Prior to submittal please review and become acquainted with Richmont at www.richmont.edu.