DEAN OF UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI BLUE ASH COLLEGE
The Dean is the chief academic and administrative officer of the University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College (UCBA), a regional campus of the University of Cincinnati. The Dean reports to the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost. In this position, the Dean is responsible for overseeing the education of undergraduate students within the College; promoting scholarly teaching and creative excellence; monitoring and securing the College’s financial resources and budgets; enhancing revenue, especially by engaging in private fundraising; strategic and operational planning; program review and enhancement; compliance on a campus, university and governmental level; and making decisions on all personnel matters, including appointment, reappointment, promotion and tenure recommendations to the Provost.
The Dean of UCBA is a member of the University’s Council of Deans. The Dean is responsible for implementing the policies and procedures developed by the Board of Trustees and administrative leadership of the campus and the University as a whole. In addition, the Dean will seek opportunities for collaboration with colleges, schools, and other academic units throughout UC’s campuses, and in the larger community.
- Provides leadership to ensure the integrity, accountability, and continuous improvement of all programs, resources, and services of UCBA
- Promotes student development and success
- Promotes excellence in teaching and scholarship and promotes relationships and interdisciplinary collaboration across the campus
- Develops and administers the finances of the college
- Establishes partnerships with other colleges of the University
- Promotes collaborations and initiatives with other colleges and universities in the region, as well as throughout the University System of Ohio
- Represents the college to alumni, donors, other academic institutions, accrediting bodies, and the community at large, serving as spokesperson for the college
- Takes a lead in pursuing private funding for the college, supported by the UC Foundation Office.
- Provides leadership for all mission-driven initiatives
- Makes reappointment, promotion, and tenure recommendations to the Provost
- Attracts and retains faculty of the highest caliber, providing long-term career incentives and an environment conducive to professional development
- Provides direction and support for strategic planning
- Articulates the college’s vision in terms of measurable goals and to enlist the support of essential constituencies;
- Terminal degree appropriate to the discipline
- At least 3 years of higher education administrative experience
- At least 5 years of full-time college-level teaching experience
- Commitment to equity and inclusion and a proven record of achieving diversity goals
- Record of scholarship and professional achievement that would meet the criteria for appointment as a full professor with tenure at UCBA
- Demonstrated success at leading a major institution-wide project
- Demonstrated success in budgetary management
- Excellent written communication skills
In addition to the above, it is expected that the ideal candidate will show evidence of:
ABOUT UC BLUE ASH COLLEGE
- Visionary leadership within a shared governance environment
- Commitment to the two-year open-access college academic mission
- Collegial and collaborative management style
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, alumni, community groups, and the pre K-12 community
- Collaborative development and implementation of strategic planning
- Experience in guiding institutional assessment efforts
- Supporting the use and integration of technology in higher education
- Success in generating new revenue streams by securing grants, fundraising, and/or building external partnerships
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to inspire, motivate, advocate, listen, and build consensus
- Success in the development and enhancement of academic programs
- Experience with higher education accreditation processes
Opened in 1967, UC Blue Ash College (UCBA) is a two-year regional campus of the University of Cincinnati. UCBA College is an open admissions institution providing higher education access to individuals with a high school diploma or equivalent. The College provides its students with many convenient options for learning including evening, hybrid and online options. UCBA College is the largest regional campus in Ohio and one of the larger colleges of the University of Cincinnati and the most diverse.
UCBA College offers a wide array of career and transfer associate degree programs, and currently offers two technical baccalaureate degrees. Associate degree graduates may transfer to the appropriate baccalaureate college of the University of Cincinnati with junior status. The College has approximately 180 full-time faculty, 450 adjunct faculty, and 130 staff members.
UCBA College is separately accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and was awarded full ten-year re-accreditation by HLC in 2009, with the next site visit in 2019.
For additional information, please see the UCBA College website at http://www.ucblueash.edu
ABOUT BLUE ASH
Situated on 134 wooded acres in the city of Blue Ash in the northeastern corner of Hamilton County, the College serves residents of Hamilton, Butler, Warren and Clermont counties. Blue Ash is home to 13,000 residents as well as the offices of top corporations including Procter & Gamble, Toyota, Ethicon Endo-Surgery, and others, resulting in a daytime population of over 55,000. Located just 12 miles northeast of downtown Cincinnati, Blue Ash has been included in both the first and second editions of 50 Fabulous Places to Raise Your Family and among Fortune Small Business Magazine's “100 Best Places in America to Live & Launch a Small Business” --the only Ohio community chosen.
A 15 minute drive to downtown Cincinnati provides access to numerous cultural and entertainment options such as the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, Cincinnati Art Museum, Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Gardens, the Cincinnati Reds and Bengals, and much more. The Greater Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky international airport is just 30 minutes away from the campus.
ABOUT UC AND CINCINNATI
Today, the University of Cincinnati is classified as a Research University (Very High Research Activity) by the Carnegie Commission and is ranked as one of America’s top 35 public research universities by the National Science Foundation. UC jumped 17 spots in the U.S. News & World Report rankings in the past two years alone. In addition to being named a “green university” by Princeton Review, UC has been named one of the world’s most beautiful campuses by Forbes and Delta Sky magazines. Learn more about UC and our upcoming 200th year anniversary at www.uc.edu
The City of Cincinnati was rated a Best Place to live by US News & World Report and provides both urban and suburban life as well as river views and rolling hills. Our city offers a wealth of amenities that include professional sports, world-class entertainment, a vibrant arts scene, gorgeous parks and nature trails, acclaimed museums, a celebrated zoo, a variety of restaurants and a flourishing riverfront scene. We actually offer the features of two cities when you include the thriving area of northern Kentucky just across the river. Affordable and family-friendly with excellent public and private schools it is no wonder multiple Fortune 500 companies call Cincinnati home. Visit www.cincinnatiusa.com
to learn more.
Interested applicants are requested to apply online
and submit a cover letter addressing qualifications and a current curriculum vitae. Nominations, only, may be sent confidentially to ExecutiveSearch@uc.edu
. Applications will be accepted and the position will remain open until filled.