This position reports to the Director of Residence Life and is responsible for managing and supervising activities effecting the staff and students of the assigned residence area(s). This is a full-time, ten month, live-in position (furnished one bedroom apartment and board provided) with excellent benefits.
This position is available beginning August 1, 2018.
The principal accountabilities for the Resident Director at Bryant University include but are not limited to the following:
1. Maintaining a proper living environment for residence hall students through ensuring that rules and regulations (including fire safety, quiet hours, building maintenance, and security) which affect the quality of life in the residence halls, are upheld;
2. Providing counseling assistance and guidance to students;
3. Training, developing programs with, and supervising the activities of, student resident assistants;
4. Developing creative social, cultural, safety and educational programs for students;
5. Coordinating proper building maintenance with maintenance employees;
6. Completing administrative assignments in a timely manner as required; and,
7. Performing other duties as assigned.
This position is best filled by an individual with an undergraduate degree (graduate degree strongly preferred) in counseling and/or higher education, previous experience in residence hall management, and good organizational skills. Excellent interpersonal skills, and the energy and enthusiasm necessary to motivate students are required. This position is subject to the completion of a criminal background check. Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.